Tuesday, September 1, 2009

WIRE


Wow, where do i begin? It's been a while posting here, as I feel there isn't any prolific thoughts to be spread in the very public electronic world, many are written in books and journals close to my heart and only read by me. But, today another musical inspiration comes this way through the band WIRE> The first time I ever heard of them was on VH1 Classic when I was about 16, it was a video for their song 'Kidney Bingos,' needless to say, I was hooked. Also, quite coincidentally the 20 year old boy I was in love with at the time was totally into them as well, (and well, he's a whole other post to explain about). I revisited wire for a time when I was 19 (I would play "a bell is a cup until it is struck" all the time), my boyfriend at the time would make fun of me and would make fun of this band as I don't think he really appreciated the greatness (another sign that we weren't ever a good match). Today, Wire is even more powerful to me as I'm rediscovering a lot of their other songs I really never listened to. And man, the lyrics right now are mirroring my life and certain people I know. Thank you Wire for giving justification to life's entangled moments. Below is what I mean. I leave you with the song that made me love wire "kidney bingos."

Three Girl Rhumba
"a chance encounter
you want to avoid:
the inevitable.
so ya do,
oh yes ya do,
the impossible."

A Mutual Friend
"Hearing of your troubles
Has forced me to double
My interest in your current affairs...

Please don't turn a deaf ear to the noises you hear
While savagely your love you prune
For he might replace the old with the moon
He might replace the old with the moon"

Mannequin
"You're an energy void,
a black hole to avoid,
no style,
no heart,
you don't even start."

and there are many other great lyrics strewn across, but here's a glance, other songs like "i should have known better," "outdoor miner," and "silk skin paws" to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment