Friday, September 18, 2009

Style Slump


I've noticed in these past couple of months that I've begun to lose my inspiration, or rather I'm out of ideas when it comes towards creating/evolving my personal style. I'm not sure, but it may have to do with the fact that my clothes aren't really reflecting a cohesive thing. When I look into my closet I see a spectrum of eras, looks, fads, colors, textures, patterns of all kinds. It's beginning to remind me of a costume/thrift store. I remember way back when I was about 15 or 16 and I devoted most of my dressing to the 1960s mod look. I had the haircut, the eyeliner, the mini dresses and white and black mary jane patent leather shoes. I got the whole thing down, it was consistent. And then I started to just do the entire vintage thing...one day it would be 1950s, the next 1920s, and so on, it just depended upon my mood. I feel like I was a much better dresser in high school than I am today. I think I'm just so clouded by so many decades and inspirations that I just don't know what the hell to put on. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that I focused on one area of fashion, or one decade/or one item that I truly loved back then, (for example I had this great mod white coat that was my staple in my wardrobe). I've just grown and evolved too fast maybe? You know, in fashion everything is pretty much recycled throughout the ages, nothing is really 'new' it's just recreated to become modern, at least that's what i think. Yet, as I continue to look into my closet I'm starting to wonder exactly what it reflects about me. If a complete stranger walked into my room and opened up my closet what would they think about me? What kind of person would they think I am? Looking at my closet now, I would say that I look indecisive, eccentric, crazy, spontaneous, and maybe a bit of a pack rat. I don't know if I like all of these things about me, I don't know if I want to appear that way. Hell, I think the biggest saying my closet screams is "i don't know, that's why I have this just in case!" Meaning I've got just about every kind of look out there, and I'm not sure If i like that. Because truth be told, the closet is a great reflection of my life right now...a big "i don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment