Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Power of Heat


For a long time now I've experienced these long moments of observation. You know the feeling where your mind and body don't seem like they're in the same places at the same time? Where you're doing something but not really living in that moment, where time moves really fast and things that happened days ago feel like they happened years ago. And you don't seem to be able to grasp those past actions or things you did at all. Well, I've been feeling like this off an on. The only times where I'm actually connected, living and breathing mind, body, and soul is through vigorous physical activity. Lately, I've been really focused on two cores of physical activity: Bikram Yoga and Spin - two truly different forms of activity but they both force me to act in the moment, to live in it and experience it. Bikram yoga is one of the most amazing gifts I've ever given to my body, and although I am still a beginner I find it to be one of the most challenging things I've ever done. I find myself to feel completely accomplished after finishing each session, and believe me, you'd be proud of me too as I can never seem to finish other activities. Spinning also gives me this great outlet to pour all my stresses out and to feel powerful...there is something about sweating, that makes you release. Bikram is notorious for sweating and it may seem gross, but I tell you it's incredibly amazing to find yourself sweating soooo much. The heat, the sweat, the fluidness of your muscles, your mind and body working in one spectrum together and it feels really good to live in the moment. I just don't know why I find it so hard to do this when I'm not working out. As of this moment, I still feel disconnected like my brain is floating up out of my head and these fingers are just typing. It's strange. I must learn to just breathe and not worry about all the little things in life, I need to be here now. Everything is the way it's suppose to be. And I leave you with a pause, to absorb the moment and breath...some brian eno to set the atmosphere. love love love

1 comment:

  1. You are already there.
    your thoughts are reflecting it.

    Be in yoga and your essence will shine, in all moments in all walks of life.

    We are definetly finding bikram when you come to europe!
    I get the same in astanga, the sweating is such a powerful mental release as well!

    Love you chelsea!

    ReplyDelete