Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Maggie the Cat...Purrr



I never used to be a big admirer of Elizabeth Taylor, just because she was this conniving maneater who could take your man away just like Angelina Jolie. But you know what, I've come to really admire this woman's beauty and charm, and her fantastic acting skills when she was in her heyday. I just finished watching Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and found her performance to be magical. But most of all, I love how she pulls off wearing nothing but a slip - which i would imagine to be very inapropriate to see back in the late 1950s. She wears it with such effortlessness, like a second skin. Just a slinky little dress really, in today's eyes. That's why I'm taking today, fashion inspiration from Miss Taylor. I love the slip, and have many collections, but have never worn them alone, it is possible to wear two at a time and then I feel okay wearing them in public. But today, I really feel like it's not such a big deal to flaunt around in a beautiful silk slip and a cardigan, it gives it the right edge. If you have the body ladies, a slip is the perfect wardrobe idea for the summer. Just make sure it's not so sheer that in the sunlight you're revealing more about you then you would like. So either double up on the slip or wear some cute underthings. I have in the past fall worn really thick tights with two slips (one a wine color underneath and a beautiful lacy black one over. I think it looks really interesting and it reminds me of being a 1920s vamp or something. Now if only i could develop liz's late 1950s body to wear more of the pieces she wore. sigh....













No comments:

Post a Comment