Monday, May 24, 2010

I will hold my torch up high for you.

Each and every day I am now learning something new, figuring out how things work and how they've worked in the past. I'm starting to understand certain things about myself and recognize those traits which used to be unknown to me. I truly am experiencing a growth period. There is so much going on in my head right now that it's very hard to pinpoint exactly what I would like to focus all my energies on. I'm almost afraid to pick as I do not know if that will be the right decision, which is why i'm almost in a state of flux, becoming flexible to how each day goes.
Some lovely friends of mine came to town, we spent a day going record shopping and doing a bit of thrifting. I found some pretty good 1980s gems. Purchases included: Prince's 'Controversy,' Tears for Fears 'the hurting,' Pet Shop Boys 'Please,' and U2's 'War.' The latter being a gift for a friend, but currently I am listening to it, and as much as whatever anyone wants to say about U2 good or bad, this album is pretty solid. I especially like the song '40.' I don't know I guess this band brings me back to childhood, I used to sing 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' out loud, never knowing what the song was actually about until I was about thirteen or so.

1 comment: