Tuesday, November 10, 2009


Fall and early winter is a time where I really put a lot of my soul into dressing. It's a time when I get out my Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds records, along with some Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters. I find myself playing these bands the most during this time but theres also this mix of whatever I'm discovering/re-discovering in music land...for example I'm playin some early Pearl Jam as im writing this, and I've been watching some early Hall and Oates videos for uber cool/confident inspiration. Okay so I've got this mix of dark winter biting emotion, light broken hearted songs of love, slick attitude, and a bit of grunge all wrapped together to make my fall/winter season. Now how does it get transposed? Well, it does and it doesn't. Some key pieces for this time of year for me include: A nice black blazer, lots of thick tights, a pair of nice lace up black boots, some crazy sweaters, nice trousers and a pair of nice jeans, my beloved circle scarf, and some vintage dresses I've collected over the years. I don't follow everything to a T, I just come up with whatever I wear in the moment/mood i'm in. I also think that I just want to wear my hair one way the whole time...I've been doing this double braided pony tail with long bangs hairstyle lately. I love it because my hair is out of my face and I don't have to fuss about it, i can just braid it when it's wet and forget about it. PJ Harvey's style has really been inspiring me a lot lately and I really enjoy how she carries her femininity in a masculine suit while still looking absolutely gorgeous sans heavy makeup..maybe just a little mascara and red lipstick. She's so unique and I admire that. She's extremely versatile and i believe she wears what she feels. I think my style is growing up with me, I still want to tweak everything I wear with some quirky item but I don't know, I'm evolving I think. I want to dress more sophisticated/feminine with slight hints of vintage. And I think that's what my fall wardrobe is becoming. Anyways,this time of year is always my favorite as winter is waiting in the wings! Time is flying by, but in the mean time I'm just going to sit and enjoy this time recapturing the thoughts and emotions my standby fall musicians play for me. So I've mentioned nick cave and pj harvey in this post, well I guess I'm going to have to play one of my favorite songs they did together...'Henry Lee'
Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment