Saturday, August 8, 2009

Personal Renaissance


It's strange how people come in and out of your life in patterns, or how they come into your life and things happen and your life starts to change. Reasons that I cannot see, but feel inside. I feel a resurgence of old values tied together with new inspirations and directions. New teachings in philosophy and the simple concept of learning to just walk away, the idea of Taoism and 'Wu Wei' meaning "without action," one of the greatest philosophical ideas that should be learnt by all. We think too much and worry too much about things that are not central to the bigger idea of our existence. We get caught up in this virtual firestorm, forming drama out of nothing, trying to get revenge on people we do not know. All I know is the truth within me and life is made to be enjoyed, to feel pleasure, and happiness even if at times it seems to be temporary. In this moment I am fully enjoying it and the company of an old friend. It's beautiful. It is impermanent as life is, people come and go, but you will always have to rely on yourself. You have to be selfish, and you have to take, and this is something that he tells me I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment