Saturday, September 10, 2011

Let's talk about that elephant in the room, in my head.




Fashion.

As i'm perusing fashion blogs: the sartorialist, vogue, and style.com, part of me gets this great sense of envy. A jealousy that wells up because these are all things I want. All things I want to be. The designer, the stylist, the artist. But then again, I have to look at those things and admire the work of those people. I can't see it with envious eyes, it just makes me feel bad about myself, and the dreams I once had. I don't have to feel bad about myself. I can embrace it, and try to create something for myself. I don't necessarily want fame, recognition, or even attention. I have to get over that, I have to get over myself. So I'm just gonna say that I love fashion, I always will. I will always have that bad habit of spending my lunch money on an article of clothing I find I can't live without. I will eye out my vintage mod dresses and will continually be inspired by the world around me. I will not be jealous, but rather, inspired by all the creative beings that feel what i feel. I will embrace the clutter, and love the fabric. It will always be part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment