Saturday, December 12, 2009

the laws of some attraction


I just finished watching "About a Son" a little film full of images and complete recordings of an interview Kurt Cobain did around '92, '93 with rock journalist Michael Azerrad. Besides being sad and unsettling, understanding the root of his troubles and sympathetic to his life, I came to the conclusion that some guys need a crazy, insane woman. When he started talking about how he had met Courtney Love, and how he made her feel, it kind of made sense. He saw himself as this weak individual who despised 99.9% of humanity, and maybe felt his own life was a bit boring. When Courtney showed up in his life, he said her insane urges and outlandish behavior brought some excitement into his life, and he liked that. I'm not going to say that I entirely know all about this relationship, but I know it wasn't a perfect relationship despite the fact that he may have been happy time to time with her. I think the drugs would've had a huge impact in the relationship as well, the ones who "inject together, stay together," i suppose until one od's or commits suicide. Anyways, I just don't get how some people crave this kind of unstable, unhealthy relationship. I suppose the excitement is a big factor, because it derives this love/hate passionate kind of thing. Something that I haven't experienced, and don't think I ever will, unless i too, meet a crazy drug fueled man who'll "build me up to just bring me down."

No comments:

Post a Comment