Sunday, June 28, 2009

All we have is now


I went to see Port O'Brien last night, it was amazing as it always is. i love these people and I'm so glad to know them as friends, I met up with awesome people I've known since highschool and it just gave me great feelings and gave me great flashbacks into who i was 5/6 years ago going to all the local shows, and dancing and just being myself. At the last song me, kyle, and micah all got on stage as well as other groovy folks and danced ourselves silly, soooo good! This is my arena, i feel most comfortable with great live music and people i've known for years, just having a ball. I don't get all self conscious and weird around these situations. I really miss the old Zyola shows and being an offbeat 16 year old going crazy to the music and having all of my great friends grooving with me. I need not worry about anything at this stage in my life, things are supposed to be shakey and uneasy, my calling is there somewhere and I must find directions and make decisions as they come. I'm just going to float and take things as they come, and right now life is fucking good. The picture above explains it all, Zyola circa -03'? I was there, I experienced it and I loved every second of it.... (photo taken from http://www.myspace.com/zyolarevival) Thank you guys for making amazing music and continue to do so.

2 comments:

  1. I'm ashamed to say I haven't been to a Port O'Brien concert yet, even though I love their music that I've heard. Generally, their concerts are during the times I'm at work. I'll have to make it sometime! I love that feeling you get though seeing people from back in the day, and that feeling inside when you hear live music. It's a different experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must see them! Next time they're playin' in this area hopefully it won't be a workday for ya!

    ReplyDelete